Farm Location: St. Thomas
Seasoned farmer and business owner with over 25 years of experience in the manufacturing industry. This farmer is extremely passionate about using his influence and experience to develop his community, where he consistently provides employment and training opportunities to all who are interested.
Experience Level : 20+ years
Soil Type: Predominantly clay loam
Acreage: 5 acres (apx)
Water Source: Drip irrigation
Water Storage: Catchment.
Strength of Farmer:
- passionate about farming
- access to large blocks of lands with good water
- good casual labour as he also operates a factory.
- a professional who understands standards and timelines.
- low risk of praedial larceny due to the respect the community holds for him
- access to tractor tillage services
- good logistics, already supplying a factory, operates several commercial type vehicles
- willing to accept help
Best Practises Observed - use of drip irrigation, use of plastic mulch & corn barriers, secure storage, restricted farm access.
Best Crops To Grow - West Indian Red and Scotch Bonnet Peppers
Farmer Score: 10/10